Re: Major RAID speed improvement (for advanced Linux users)

Hi Joel,

thanks for your answer. Because in your example you were speaking about
md0 I thought it was a somewhat different setup.

I really like the mdadm approach that basically unmaps the fakeraid for
you via the md127 and then gives you a normal disk to play with (md126)
:) ... I don't like the naming of dmraid.

But as you said it is handled transparently like a (true) linux software
raid --> hence you can use all the (e.g. monitoring) infrastructure of
an mdadm linux software raid :)

Knuth

---