Re: Brightness control on nvidia

On 10/12/10 18:52, Joël Bourquard wrote:
It's a GT330M, the same as in prior models as far as I know...

What I don't understand is how could nvclock even work for Z models before the Z13 ? I mean, isn't the physical brightness control physically connected to the Intel card at all times ?

When booting in NVIDIA mode I tried to write to those ACPI brightness entries, I can read back the values I write, but they have no effect whatsoever on the brightness.

Depending on the GPU chipset, nvclock will actually write the registers directly, which may be why it doesn't yet support the 330m - the correct registers may not yet be known.