Re: Who patched the bios of their VPC-Z11 successfully?

On Tuesday 14. December 2010, Philippe Piatkiewitz wrote:
> Adding  "acpi_osi=" actually worked with adams 2.6.37-6 kernel. I now
> can repeatedly boot that kernel in Speed mode (NVidia) without booting
> an old kernel in between.
>
> Now I only need resume to work... It seems to go to sleep fine when I
> close the lid, only when I try to resume it reboots from scratch
> instead. Any solution for that yet?

Thanks Philippe, this is actually working perfectly here on a Z12X9E with
Kubuntu 10.10 and standard kernel 2.6.35-23-generic. And the best news is,
it also fixed sleep/resume for me! Didn't work before because it would slip
out of speed mode and then get stuck on resume.

This is a major step forward, leaving me with only three more gripes, being
brightness control not working, bluetooth quitting on more than one device
active at a time, and no HDMI sound.

Michael