Re: Vaio VPCZ1390x

Hi,

couldn't get it to run adding acpi_osi :-(

Tried:

a)
- set to speed
- start with 2.6.28.10 to activate nvidia
- start 2.6.37.6 afterwards with acpi_osi=...
- restart 2.6.37.6 with acpi_osi=...

This did not get x up.

b)
- set to speed
- start with latest ubuntu 10.10 kernel with acpi_osi=...
- restart with latest ubuntu 10.10 kernel with acpi_osi=...

This did not get x up.

I fear I'd have to go through full
http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=3&postId=4
to try with acpi_osi/janitor.

Seems a great risk to me since I just got the machine running fine with
Adam's reboot-kernel. Can anybody confirm that acpi_osi/janitor will
work for ubuntu 10.10 on latest 2010 z series hardware?

Thanks anyway / in advance!

Andi