Re: Status of my VPC Z1: all good except powermanagement

Unfortunately, the 2.6.37-6 kernel is clearly worse with that regard,
with resuming from suspend that just boots (BIOS logo, then grub) and
hibernation that basically reboots (the computer doesn't even halt, it
just reboots).

Install uswsusp and then suspend with "pm-suspend --quirk-test --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode" and I think that will fix the resume problem.

Alas, this does not work for VPC-Z13M9E/B / Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64 / Adam's kernel. It suspends seemingly ok, but when resuming, the bios splash screen is shown, and a normal reboot resumes.

-heikki

ps. I also lost desktop effects in stamina/intel mode, and re-enabling them does not work. Any ideas?