Re: status of graphics switch support in vanilla kernels

On Monday 07 February 2011 11:30:58 Nicolas L. wrote:
> * with the nvidia card I can't adjust the screen bightness

But, it is worth reporting that brightness controls do work with Intel.  I
almost fell out of my chair in excitement.

I read a rumor that it is the Intel graphics card that controls the brightness
always, even when Nvidia is enabled.  So if Intel is working now then maybe
getting brightness with Nvidia is just a keyboard mapping issue.

> * with the intel card the HDMI ouput doesn't work

I believe this is a hardware issue.  HDMI is only wired to the Nvidia.  VGA
output is wired to both.  Maybe others can confirm.

> After resume, wifi, audio & intel video card are OK.

I tried suspend with the live CD and everything seemed to come back on resume
(though I had to press a brightness key to get the LCD to light up).  However,
I also had some major filesystem I/O issues on resume.  But this could be just
a peculiarity with the live CD and some ramfs mounting problem.

Justin