Re: Setting up vpz11x9eb fails to use both cards after NVIDIA installation

You're right, I forgot to mention that.

I'm not sure you can query the speed/stamina switch from a vanilla kernel, though. If this is not the case though, with a hacked bios you may query the pci bus to see what card is selected, as only one will be present with static switching on.

De: "Sylvain P." <spouilly@xxxxxxxxx>
A: "Jordi Augé" <jordi@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jan Groth" <asiandub@xxxxxx>, "Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop" <sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Enviat: Dijous, 24 de Febrer 24el 2011 2:02:23
Assumpte: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Setting up vpz11x9eb fails to use both cards after NVIDIA installation

Hello,

FYI, Jordi's script is configured to work with Adam's kernel only (kernel which name contains vaioz) ... it will not do anything if you use it with a 2.6.38 kernel, because of (see at the end of the script) :

if uname -r | grep -e "-vaioz$" >/dev/null
then
[ "$(cat /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina)" = "stamina" ] && set_alternatives_to_intel || set_alternatives_to_nvidia
fi

Keep that in mind when you are testing the script.

S.