Help! 10.10 on VPCZ1390x

Hi all,

After getting 10.10 partially working on my new VPCZ1390x, I tried again this weekend with a fresh install and am sadly now worse off than I was before :(

I've put more details in the wiki (http://linux-on-sony-vaio-z.wikispaces.com/VPCZ1390x) but here's my summary:

* new VPCZ1390x
* Everything looks nice from a USB boot of 10.10 amd64 desktop
* After install, I have all the graphics/screen problems as usual (black screen) * I've been able to get 10.10 up and screen works using Adam's hacked kernel with NVIDIA latest driver
* Audio only works when I boot from USB
* After a couple weeks of using a partly working system (had to boot into 'graphic safe' mode, and no sound, but everything else ok), the wireless has stopped working
* now, even from the USB or with a clean install, wireless won't work :(
* wireless card and drivers are recognized, but marked DISABLED
* rfkill is having no effect on getting wireless up again :(

This is really killing me, two full weekends and I haven't been able to get my new machine to the point that I can consider it really useable (either graphics card + wireless + audio, with no need for any special commands entered manually during boot).

So here is my situation and questions:

- I don't care about getting both graphics cards working, or switching them, I am fine to just use either Intel or Nvidia - whichever is simplest and will work best.

- I'm fine to do a complete fresh install from scratch.

- My plan is to install 10.10 fresh from 10.10 amd64 alternate iso on a USB, then install adam's hacked vaioz kernel. After that, my goals are: 1. be able to load either graphic card (don't care which); 2. get wireless up again; 3. get audio working.

Questions I have:

1. When I do a fresh 10.10 installation from alternate iso, should I enable RAID or not?
2. how can I get the wireless up again?
3. how can I get the audio working?

Thanks for your help,

sc