Re: natty alpha 3 w00t!

On Thursday 24 March 2011 02:05:22 Martin L wrote:
> I actually got the impression that my Vaio Z12 series is so new that the
> acpi stuff would not work unless I actally hacked the BIOS.
> My params are:
> defoptions=i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.nopnp i8042.noloop
> acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" acpi_backlight=vendor quiet splash
>
> But my system seems to work just the same if I remove all of them.
> What parameters would you suggets ?

For Z12, use acpi_osi="" to enable static switching on the next boot.  You'll
know it worked because whatever position the graphics switch is in (speed or
stamina), the appropriate green light will turn on immediately at boot.  This
is a useful trick to know about regardless of what kernel you use.  You should
never need to hack your BIOS.

The i8042 parameters are needed on older kernels, but not newer ones (even
natty alpha1 probably did not need these anymore).

Justin