Sony vaio Z VPCZ21V9E, archlinux issues

Hi Vaio z'ers,

I'm creating a new thread to keep the ubuntu one "clean"....

I have installed archlinux on one of the brand new Z series, but i'm
having a hard time getting some of the stuff working properly:

1. My brightness controls refuse to work. Neither the hardware buttons,
nor the software controls in gnome are giving me anything. It simply
stays a max brightness, which consumes a fair amount of battery.

2. I have to append "nomodeset" to my kernel line, which means that my
GNOME expirence is severly degraded.

So my questions are:

1. Any ideas on what to try? I still have not installed the sony-vaio-z
kernel module - that's on my todo list.

2. What should I dump, and who should i report bugs to, in regard to the
KMS support? I would really like to see it working.

All other stuff seems to be working - cpu throttling, fan controls,
ethernet, wireless and so forth. Only untested thing is fingerprint
sensor and the radeon card in the docking station (and WWAN).

Btw. i'm not afraid of getting my fingers dirty with a little patching
and recompilation of kernels and drivers :)

Best regards,

Nicklas

Follow ups