Re: high power consumtion for z12 on

That was min brightness with X running lightdm with compiz and the
full unity experience running.  That was also with firefox open and
doing a bit of browsing via WiFi.  I did however have all powertop PM
options enabled and I'd used rfkill to turn off the bluetooth and WAN
radios.  I can get into the single digits but only barely with the
brightness at min, audio at mute, and no other applications other than
a normal boot running.

I should add that I do have a few additional pieces that WERE running.
 Dropbox's client was open and appearing in my powertop stats.  Also
the weather indicator and the conky script that I have displaying
system status on my desktop.  All of these things did show in powertop
but I'm still able to remain in the 9.6-12 watt range during light
use.

Granted my system does also get into the 30W range also but thats
usually only when watching high def flash video in Linux (no video
acceleration on the Intel card) with the brightness at max.

I should also state that I am running Norbert's sony-laptop module.
Mainly using this for the battery-care-limiter functionality.  However
its also nice to have access to the other files for access to the
keyboard backlight and what not.  I then run sony-acpid to get
automatic screen brightness and keyboard illumination based on the
ambient light sensor.

Good luck sir!

~Brett