Re: ALS automation.

Not sure if this interests anyone but I found the auto display
backlight changes annoying.  If I want it dimmer or bighter I'll set
it as such.  I found that also the display would feed back into the
ambient light sensor and that the color of what you were working with
would change things.  If you opened a dark document the brightness
would increase but if you opened up a white word processor or
something the brightness would decrease.  If you try watching a movie
in a dark room it was constantly adjusting based on the content of the
display.

However I do find that I really like the keyboard automatically doing
its thing.  I've modified the sony-acpid code to put in the
functionality that allows you to still use the manual brightness
up/down buttons but disables the ambient light scaling of the display
backlight if anyone is interested I'll see about making a patch file
or just providing the code.  Its a very simple change...

~Brett