Re: Progress report for Z2 2011

* Dupain Nicolas <nicolas.dupain@xxxxxxxxx> [11/11/02 23:06]:
> Is it possible to make a progress report for Z2 2011 with ubuntu 11.10,
> kernel 3.1.0.1 (https://launchpad.net/ ~ kernel-ppa / + archive / ppa)
> What works:

I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my Sony VAIO VPC Z21x9r,
this is what I got:

http://kostja-osipov.livejournal.com/39645.html

> This does not work
> - Standby and hibernation, except with an external display

Suspend works here okay, hibernation it's flaky -- it doesn't
always come back.

> - fingerprint reader

Didn't test.
> - graphics card of PMD

What's PMD?

> - Management of the battery (less than three hours of battery life instead
> of 7 and indications of load times fanciful)

Haven't tested yet.

> - Modify grub adding "pcie_aspm i915.i915_enable_rc6=1"> I have a doubt on
> the version> rc10 today?

I believe on the recent kernels enable_rc6 is the default (at least
according to the commit messages in drm-intel-next tree).

> - Install the sony-laptop module> is not clear :/ is there a version for
> kernel 3.1? is the sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np8 works fine (for kernel
> 2.6.39)?

0.9pn8 works with kernel 3.1 as well (here).