Re: Progress report for Z2 2011

Hi,

In regard to the battery i have 6-7 hours with the modified grub line and *laptop-mode-tools*. They are really magical and save a lot of power :)

I'm on kernel 3.1.0 with the patches from the sony-laptop module applied directly.

I guess the rest of the list is correct.

/Nicklas

On 2011-11-02 22:00, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
* Dupain Nicolas<nicolas.dupain@xxxxxxxxx>  [11/11/02 23:06]:
Is it possible to make a progress report for Z2 2011 with ubuntu 11.10,
kernel 3.1.0.1 (https://launchpad.net/ ~ kernel-ppa / + archive / ppa)
What works:
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my Sony VAIO VPC Z21x9r,
this is what I got:

http://kostja-osipov.livejournal.com/39645.html

This does not work
- Standby and hibernation, except with an external display
Suspend works here okay, hibernation it's flaky -- it doesn't
always come back.

- fingerprint reader
Didn't test.
- graphics card of PMD
What's PMD?

- Management of the battery (less than three hours of battery life instead
of 7 and indications of load times fanciful)
Haven't tested yet.

- Modify grub adding "pcie_aspm i915.i915_enable_rc6=1">  I have a doubt on
the version>  rc10 today?
I believe on the recent kernels enable_rc6 is the default (at least
according to the commit messages in drm-intel-next tree).

- Install the sony-laptop module>  is not clear :/ is there a version for
kernel 3.1? is the sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np8 works fine (for kernel
2.6.39)?
0.9pn8 works with kernel 3.1 as well (here).