Re: problems with adam's script & ubuntu 11.10

On Nov 15, 2011 11:51 AM, "Brett Howard" <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What is involved for someone who already has the sony-laptop-module
> compiled and installed?

In principle following Adam's instructions, but then with the script I sent
earlier.

> I assume that one needs to set this script to
> run at startup...

Yes

> Is running it by the "startup applications" menu
> acceptable or does it need to be added to rc.local?

rc.local

> Then I assume you can switch to Nvidia and then install the binary
> blob and still have things switch back and work once you flip back to
> the Intel Side?

Yes, that would be the goal. I must admit, for some reason I must almost
always reboot twice, something must be wrong with the order somewhere,
because I did have it working nicely one time. But that was some installs
ago :-P
In all day usage I'm running Intel only. It has all the 3D acceleration I
need for nice desktop candy and I don't need the HDMI.

Rutger