Re: 3.2.0-rc1 on Z21

Okay, to be honest I still have all the switches in my grub config (except for the lvds stuff, didn't know that one), so maybe that is why we get different results.

I have no exact number, but I have had up to 7 hours of battery time when using Win7 - it's been a while since I last used i though, as my Linux environment is slowly getting very stable and usable.

/Nicklas

On 2011-11-17 14:15, Ilya Voronin wrote:
/I've performed some tests (laptop was idle, wireless disabled, min brightness, no ext devices, /
/i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 pcie_aspm=force i915.lvds_downclock=1):/
3.2-rc1 - discharge rate 8W
3.2-rc2 - same
3.2-rc2 with aspm patches from https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/10/467 - same
3.2-rc2 without additional kernel options - *14.5W*

BTW, whats the discharge rate when running Win7?