Re: Link to How-to does not work. Any Mirrors?

Hello Roberto,

To have Ubuntu detect the PCI hotplug events when you connect the external
dock, you should ensure the kernel acpiphp module is loaded before
connecting/disconnecting the dock. The simplest approach is to add the
following line to /etc/modules:

         acpiphp

That will ensure the module is loaded at system boot time. This works fine
for me - most of the time. On some kernel variants I have seen occasional
crashes when connecting/disconnecting the dock.

I got this very useful tip from this mailing list a few months ago :-).

Cheers,
Glenn.