Re: /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/battery_care_limiter: cannot change value

On 26 September 2012 22:46, vick <weasalandme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've never touched that file and mine is set to 0 (which is 100%)
Me too actually. I've never touched it. Or even better, I was used to
start an initscript
at boot time, that modifies the battery_care_limiter file content to
"1". This worked
with the sony-laptop-z-series launchpad module. It doesn't work with
the bundled kernel module.
It seems this file to be always under write protection from the module itself.
The strange thing I cannot explain is why it has been set to 50. (I
was expecting
a value such as 0, 1 or 2. Actually the battery charging level doesn't
overcome 50%).

> Are you using sudo or su to write to that file as root? It's only writable for root.
I don't use sudo, and I also tried to change such value with the root
user. No way!

On 26 September 2012 22:55, Silverrocker <silverrocker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just noticed the same a few days ago!
> its either 0 or 50 but can't be set to 80 which is what was originally
> possible on windows.
Well... This seems to be a bug then.
I was wandering if it would be possible to change the sony-laptop.c source code
in order to set the default value to 80%. I've seen the code and the
function that
is related to this feature, but I don't like this solution too much,
since I would have
to patch the kernel source code every time.

Suggestions?

--
Flavio