Van:
sony-vaio-z-series-bounces+robertogardenier=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sony-vaio-z-series-bounces+robertogardenier=gmail.com@lists.launchpa
d.net] Namens Wouter van der Graaf
Verzonden: donderdag 25 oktober 2012 14:11
Aan: Heikki Wilenius
CC: Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop
Onderwerp: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] when upgrading to 12.10, grub fails to
install if using RAID0

Hey all,

Had the same experience this week upgrading 12.04 to 12.10 on my Z13.
Same RAID config.

I fixed it by booting with 12.10 live CD (USB stick) and installing and
running Boot-Repair:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair#A2nd_option_:_install_Boot-Rep
air_in_Ubuntu

I guess the problem is related to GRUB being upgraded from 1.99 to GRUB
2. After the fix everything works as you would expect.

Wouter

Op 25-10-12 13:56, Heikki Wilenius schreef:
> Hi,
>
> just a quick remark for those of you who are thinking about upgrading to
12.10.

> I upgraded by 12.04 install to 12.10 (using a Z13 with no custom
> kernels, bios hacks or drivers). Everything went well, except that the
> upgrade script does not play nice with RAID. I have my two SSDs as one
> RAID0 hard disk. I had to create a bootable USB drive, boot using that
> one, and re-install grub to the root of the logical hard drive (in my
> case "/dev/mapper/iswfeheiegigVolume0").
>
> I'm using bumblebee, so no fiddling with the GPU drivers, my first
> impressions are that everything works like before.
>
> Cheers,
> Heikki

Wouter van der Graaf
entreprogrammeur and senior web developer

d y n o r a
web developers ~ both ends technology, interaction and aesthetics

+31 (0)6 2893 0615 | wouter@xxxxxxxxx

Burg. de Bruïnelaan 95 | 3331 AC Zwijndrecht | NL
+31 (0)78 843 3139 | contact@xxxxxxxxx | www.dynora.nl