Re: Z21 Analog headset with microphone

Hey Tuukka,

I have the vaio Z12 actually not the Z2 but I had the same issue with my
mic when I first installed kubuntu. I'm on precise as well. See in the
alsamixer that I have selected the mic that I want. One is the embedded mic
(or the headset mic if you have a single minijack headset as it's wired to
the same pin) and the other mic is for the separate mic plug. Try to add
the *ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-daily *ppa and update to the newest
alsa-hda-dkms. Also try rebooting with and without the "option
snd-hda-intel model=auto" in the alsa-base.conf to see what works for you.
Also as a tip, I don't know if you're using gmail, but I found that the
gmail chat was the fastest way to test my mic
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/chat just keep the alsamixer
open side to side and experiment with the mic settings.

regards,

Anestis