Fwd: Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) support on kernel 3.8 (Ubuntu 13.04)

To the group:

I would like the als sensor to adjust my screen brightness
automatically, however this is not working for me.

I have checked and the value /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
is correct; Doing echo "3" >/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
as root changes the brightness.

The daemon activates the als and I can read the values in als_lux and
they are changing dependant on light.
Any ideas? I'm on:

Linux csb-laptop 3.8.8-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 23 10:28:14 CEST 2013
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,
Craig