Re: Ubuntu 13.10 no sound on speakers

On 2013-10-18 09:57, Benjamin Heckmann wrote:
Hi Brett.

Same problem; no sound on internal speakers, but works for headphones and hdmi.

Cheers.
Benjamin

Am 18.10.2013 08:07, schrieb Brett Howard:
After update to Ubuntu 13.10 I now have no sound except for on
headphones.  I followed all instructions here
http://itsfoss.com/fix-sound-ubuntu-1304-quick-tip/ and that seems to
have only broken the sound icon in the notification area. Still working
on it but though I'd share and see if anyone else had run into this.

Use a 3.12 kernel, it's fixed in 3.12. Don't know where you can get one for Ubuntu.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey