Re: Gobi 3000 on kernel 3.12

Hi,

>  After trying to make it working with ModemManager (by starting it
>> directly), I was able to make it appear in NetworkManager and I was able to
>> connect to internet!
>> I need to investigate further before posting what I did.

I use debian unstable with kernel 3.12.9-1 and the device is:
12d1:14f1 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. Gobi 3000 HSPA+ Modem

I will try to sum up what I did to make it working:
1. set wireless/wwan button to on
2. check that the device is recognized by kernel (dmesg | grep wwan)
3. insert a sim card
4. make sure that the version of ModemManager is >= 0.6.0 (I only tried
with version 1.0.0-2)

NetworkManager should recognize the device if it is not the case be sure
that ModemManager is compiled with PolicyKit support (
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=736475).
For me, it works with this configuration and if it is not the case for you
try to blacklist option module as mentioned at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1079359.

Regards,

Damien R.