Re: SSD and RAM Upgrade

Hello,

I really enjoy my SVZ13 too. Some on other people too, because they robbed it.
But the police brought (only) my PC back a few months after :)

I can't give you many answers but :
1) the SSD > 256 Go is very expansive. It is an old machine now... I'm not
sure the prices will go down :( The Sony connector is a specific one... But,
sure, that one should be very interesting
(http://www.drivesolutions.com/cgi/shop/uvstore.cgi?command=listitems&kind=dupgrdss-sata&comptype=sol1540&cadname=VAIO-SVZ-1311ZDZB&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=sssata1
)
2) I did a successful installation with Ubuntu 14.04 (SSD not in raid mode, two
disks, 128*2 go). It worked very well, including dual boot mode. When the police
restored the PC to me I've to reinstall everything. But now, I can't access to
Ubuntu in the dual boot mode even if I change the boot order with bcdedit. May
be the bios has been altered. I can't flash the last release. I don't know where
I can get it.
3) Don't know. is seems possible... or not

Best regards

MVT

<https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Raid-LIF-SATA-512GB-SSD-For-Sony-VAIO-VPCZ2-Series-VPC-Z2-Z22-Z23-Z21/32720927966.html>.