Re: SSD and RAM Upgrade

Hi Roberto,

There was no difference in screen resolution. Slightly more luminous perhaps, and the colors looked a little more vibrant.

I actually performed two replacements, my wife's laptop had a few dead pixels that started bleeding a few years ago. More recently last year, for my laptop I had vertical black lines that appeared and that flickered when I pushed on the frame of the screen (tab fault). I needed a replacement screen.

The screens had increased in price a lot. I ordered my most recent one from the UK, from a company called Require IT for 284.52 Gbp in April last year including shipping to the US. I think they are out of stock, but it could be worth checking. Tech support asked my exact detailed model number before shipping, implying that there are two different 1920x1080 screen used in the svz13; I'm not sure if it's true. They first sent me a faulty screen, and I had to push back when they balked at sending me another one. In the end I received one that worked.

Cordialement,
-R

Hi Robin,

Your summary triggered my interests. I was wondering what screen you replaced your old one with?
Any differences in resolution, compared to the old one?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Roberto Gardenier