spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [SpreadUbuntu] new design mock-ups

Hei Pierre and everybody,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Pierre Vorhagen <pvorhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I asked around on IRC a bit and mockup6yq9.png seems to stand out, people
> don't like the central search bar so much... I noticed that it's more
> logical to have the search bar before the "advanced search link", so I
> re-arranged that quickly.
>
> So this is where I currently lie:
> <http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1834/mockup6bismn7.png>

I like the design and I believe we should go for something like that.

> Another point is the logo question... I just used the one you can see, but
> meisok did a lot more proposals: <
> http://dicidailleurs.houbsi.org/uploads/file/su-pre.png> and <
> http://dicidailleurs.houbsi.org/uploads/file/SU-pre_2.png>

When it comes to logos meisok is the man and I just do not have a n eye for
design, so please decide among yourselves. I give my voting rights to meisok
;)

> Concerning the writing, I'd keep it simple, using the classic ubuntu font,
> black or brown-ish...

ubuntu font is good. We should use the same colour scale that the ubuntu
sites use.

> For the logo itself, I'm not so fond of the three layer version, like most
> of SU-pre_2.png, they look a little too odd I think... but I like the idea
> of having a world in the middle as well as the concept of ubuntu spreading
> out to other ubuntus... so my favorite is probably the one with the three
> classic logos around one big logo on SU-pre_2.png. It just needs some
> ajusting so that the little ubuntu logos fit nicely into the notches of the
> bigger central one.

As I said no idea, but I like the idea of having the world. I believe though
it should rotate and show the whole world ;)

Also, don't hesitate to give your point-of-view on this.

And don't forget to reply to the thread about the SU meeting, it is
>> important.

I think we have to meet and we should not wait at all. What abot meeting the
first coming Saturday 19th of July at 21 UTC.

>> have a nice day/evening,
>> Pierre

Same to you all,

Rubén.