spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu London market day

Hi Pedro,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM,  <berriop@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to put an stand about open source and Ubuntu in the Brick
> Lane market on London.
> It is a famous market running on Sundays and frequented for many many
> people.
> I plan to spread the open source word and deliver the ubuntu message
> by hitting the streets, at least it will raise awareness to the people
> visiting the market.
> I will put the stand every sunday or at least one sunday per month, I
> have another couple of persons who want to collaborate.

That sound like really good news. The global Ubuntu Community have
local Groups called Local Community teams (LoCo Teams).

You can find the British LoCo here: http://ubuntu-uk.org/

You should share your marketing effort with the marketing team (CC
here) to inform and inspire others.

> I will put a laptop-video as a demonstration of ubuntu, also some
> posters and give away some flyers and cds. I can do the posters and
> flyers by myself but I ll need some cds to give them away. Could I get
> some cd packs from Ubuntu or from Canonical?

The Cds can you get from Canonical through their shipit system:
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

Or ask some people in the UK team. Canonical has some of its offices
in London, but I don't know if you can show up there and get CDs.

> Thanks and kind regards
>
> Pedro Berrioategortua
> Email: berriop@xxxxxxxxxx

best regards,