spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Not all languages have a translation on http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Evan Boldt <alitabuger7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is no technical limitation, I just did not want the language list
> cluttered with empty tranlations.

Whether you want empty translations or not, they will appear if
someone (who has a preferred language selected in his launchpad
profile) accesses the translation page.
Because of me there are two empty translations: Romanian and Moldavian.

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/trunk/+pots/spread-ubuntu

> I'll go through each of the good 5.x translations from drupal and create and
> import those.

As I said in another email sent to the list: can you do something to
split the translations in drupal/spreadubuntu?
I fear that people will try to translate drupal specific strings
instead of SU ones.
If they are separated, new work done on drupal strings can be imported
into SU more easily and strings from SU that are drupal specific can
be sent upstream to drupal.
Win win.

> If you could make me a list of the languages you think are important, I'll
> add those too.

>From my POV, every translation of drupal should be included, even if
it's incomplete.

--