spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: LoCos sharing Ubuntu promotion

Great Initiative!

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Paolo Sammicheli <xdatap1@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm in charge of the Community Marketing in the Italian LoCo Team. I would
> like to share the experience of the Italian LoCo team. We are currently
> working on different subprojects.
>
> http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoPromozione/Progetti/en .

Fantastic work Paolo!

> Our idea is to share colaboration in organizing the LoCo team marketing
> people
> to ensure there is sustainable contributions to positively promote ubuntu
> as a
> platform, to create worldwide feeling of contributions.

This sounds just like what we have been envisioning for a while:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/Site

Or as I put it: "The Home of the Ubuntu Marketing Community". Inspired by
the fantastic work the Firefox community has done:
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

Maybe we all could start exploring this idea, or similar ideas?

> Please do consider joining the ubuntu marketing list
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-marketing to carry on
> discussions on participating in unison to the spirit of Ubuntu. Sharing
> ideas
> and just generating that sinergy needed to continue this ongoing task of
> Sharing the Ubuntu Spirit.

Ubuntu-Marketing is the place to be, indeed!

> Looking forward to your contributions
> --
> Paolo Sammicheli
> EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com
> https://launchpad.net/~xdatap1 <https://launchpad.net/%7Exdatap1>
> - Ubuntu-it non è potere ma supporto (Pixel) -

Looking forward to a broader discussion on such an important topic as the
work the Ubuntu Marketing is doing and what we are planning for the future.

regards,

Rubén Romero
https://launchpad.net/~huayra