spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [ubuntu-marketing] Spreading Spread Ubuntu

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Paolo Sammicheli <xdatap1@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Italian designers from our LoCo Team started to upload his material to
> Spread
> Ubuntu.
>
> http://xdatap1.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/spreading-spread-ubuntu/

Fantastic! Local initiatives like this one driven by our LoCo teams
worldwide are the way to go!

> Please forward it to LoCo Members who don't read international planet.
>
> @Rubén Romero y Cordero: what about moving spread ubuntu on ubuntu.comdomain?
> The actual site seems ready for migration imho.

We are planning on a move to spreadubuntu.com before the release of the
Karmic Koala. A meeting is about to be hold on this and a notice on it will
be announce in this (and related lists) very soon.

Some of the ideas that are going to be implemented:

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/IdeaPool

And here it is the highlights of our last meeting this year:

*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/Meetings#Meeting%20Q1

We are already working in all the points discussed under the meeting:
  * Drupal6 migration: see our alpha site here
http://ubuntu.ec/su/ubuntu-drupal/
  * A mockup is being discussed:
http://huayra.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/please-help-us-with-ideas-for-spreadubuntu/
  * We are in talks with the Ubuntu-Website team and people inside Canonical
to see the move to the .com and .org domain materialized

Paolo I agree that we must spread spreadubuntu, but we must not forget that
we should have the right base to start off this project before we release
it. We are still in beta :-)

But please go on and spread it as it is right now. It surely does the trick
;-)

> Greetings
> --
> Paolo Sammicheli
> EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com
> https://launchpad.net/~xdatap1 <https://launchpad.net/%7Exdatap1>
> - Ubuntu-it non è potere ma supporto (Pixel) -

Regards,

Rubén Romero
https://launchpad.net/~huayra