spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Team Reporting

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Nathan Handler <nhandler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Nathan Handler<nhandler@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > In an effort to make it easier for teams to maintain their report
> > pages, I am proposing moving towards a new reporting style that takes
> > advantage of the 'Include' feature on the wiki.

Hi Nathan,

> Since sending this email out, many teams have switched to the new
> style. Now, I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks about it.
> Do you find it easier than the old style?

It needs the minimal setup, but besides that it seems better in the sense
that it will be automatized (do it once and your are done!)

> Is there something that you
> would do differently?

Yes, what about translations? Some teams communicate internally in a
different language than English (not updated, but still):
* Spanish: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EcuadorTeam/TeamReports#En%20Espa%C3%B1ol
* English: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EcuadorTeam/TeamReports#In%20English

For other teams, like the Norwegian one, it's ok with the plain English
approach:

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorwegianTeam/TeamReports

> Do you flat out not like the new style? Whatever
> the feedback is, I am interested in hearing it.

I think it is a good idea and an example to follow for other projects. What
I mean with this is:
This is actually the implementation of a proposal I made for the
SpreadUbuntu team a while ago:

*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/IdeaPool#Global%20Material%20Recollection

Now that you have done it unwillingly (thanks!) our team will see into
adapting it for our use (marketing material collection) and hopefully get an
automatized way by either;

 * Scrapping the material and putting it into SpreadUbuntu after taking the
<<include>> round, or
 * Getting the material out through Launchpad (unlikely). This implies of
course that Launchpad somehow gives us access to the elements in the wiki,
something it doesn't do today. It can be done if we somehow pull the
material into a Launchpad branch with a script of some sort.

Anyway this method has been of inspiration to solve other problems that
another team (marketing) in our Ubuntu community, which is great! :-)

> Nathan

Regards,

Rubén Romero
https://launchpad.net/~huayra