spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #76233]: Multilingual behavior

Question #76233 on SpreadUbuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/76233

YannUbuntu proposed the following answer:
(1) I agree with Ruben that the current approach (display localized
material by default, and English ones if not localized) is best for
"languages with few translations", so it should be by default. If
possible it would be nice to give an option to "hide unlocalized
materials" (for people seeking localized materials) and another option
to "show only unlocalized material" (for translators, in this case flags
would be useful).

(2) we need to add "None" in the language list , for material without
any words but just images.

(3) translators need an easy way to display material which exists in one
selected language but that is not translated or partially translated in
another selected language. The current "translation" page is not
userfriendly in my opinion (why can we choose "to be translated"
materials in the "source status" ??? . same for "translated content" in
the "translation status" ??) , and has random results with me: some
material that i translated appear untranslated...

(4) this is maybe out of subject, but i still don't understand what is
"select node" option made for. Useless?

hope this can help :)

SpreadUbuntu, which is an answer contact for SpreadUbuntu.