spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

[Question #79951]: New campaigns

New question #79951 on SpreadUbuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/79951

I'm really glad to see so much creativity and ideas coming from the team. I also would like to come up with a few new campaigns.

A campaign is given front page promotion. If you look at the front page, you see that it has a short description of what we are asking, a quantifiable goal, and a deadline. Spreaders can then pledge their participation (past or future).
See for yourself in the middle column: http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/

Requirements:
A reasonable, quantifiable goal
Deadline
Not location specific (worldwide!)

Ideas.
SpreadFirefox has had some really interesting campaigns.
We can't do an Ubuntu Download Day, like they did. We do not have any sort of download counter implemented, and may be impossible to get an accurate one. Also, Ubuntu is more than 70 times the size of firefox, and would use an average of 65GB/s for the entire day  (7 times the amount youtube sees).
All of those problems COULD be solved with torrents. I can easily gather the download statistics from the official ubuntu torrent tracker. ( http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/ ) They'd have to avoid resetting the stats for the entire day.
Also, we could make it a "most bandwidth used by one torrent in a day" record.

SpreadFirefox also had a release day when they flooded social networks with talk about Firefox at a specific time. On that day, Firefox was one of the hot topics on Twitter. It also spreads the release news to each of those people's friends.

Lets see what you guys can come up with!

SpreadUbuntu, which is an answer contact for SpreadUbuntu.