spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Fwd: [ubuntu-marketing] Defining targets

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rubén Romero y Cordero <huayra@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/8/28
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-marketing] Defining targets
To: Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <
joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Targets
> 1. Those who doesn't know and care. Our goal is to make them want to try
> it.
> 2. The ones who are interested, but feel the obstacle is too great.
> 3. Those who have installed it: We make them want to keep it.
> 4. Dualbooters: We inspire them to use Ubuntu more than the other one.
> 5. Regular users: We inspire them to spread the word.
> 6. Inspired users: We educate them on how they can contribute to the
> actual software, translations, etc.
> [...]
>
> From the spur of the moment, I will enjoy your replies.

I added these to the Marketing team page as goals. Feel free to make
changes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam#Goals

 I am discussing with Evan if we should somehow make this goals/targets part
of our project (SpreadUbuntu) and thus try to deliver from there material
and kits tghat can address and aid each one of them.

If you have Ideas feel free to discuss them here or add to our Idea Pool in
the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/IdeaPool

Thanks Jo-Erlend and everyone else to putting this down to words!

> Jo-Erlend Schinstad
>
> '
Best regards,

Rubén Romero