From: rajshorya@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:20:21 +1200
To: contact@xxxxxxxxx
CC: startubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Startubuntu] A new installation Tool is needed

XP users will tend to be those who are not tech savvy, or can't afford to be tech savvy. SO, therefore, I think that it is fair to assume that the non tech-savvy's will not be willing to use a Live CD - they have to download an iso, downlaod software to burn to a disc and so on, not the easiest thing to do. So, Live CD is a bad idea. Wubi is fine, but it doesn't play nice - it favours Windows to some extent, I have seen, as it doesn't attribute as many resources. Also, it has been unstable - it almost ruined my laptop when I was forced to pull the plug on it.

Custom installer - well yes, it will be hard, but that is not a good reason to not do something. It can be done, so is worth being done if someone wants it done. Until then, Wubi could work...

ThanksSpider