Re: [Report] My January 2014 Record + Total

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Paul Greindl <paul.greindl@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  I'd say that are quite a few :)

In fact, that number which I have achieved are not quite a few ;) yes, I am
not happy with that number but that is me, my ambitions have no limits at
all. But for a place where people don't ever mind to buy an expensive Apple
Device just because their machine suddenly stopped working and they didn't
bother to do any kind of troubleshooting, that is a great number. For a
place where people buy new device once their machine starts to be slow
without even bother to re-install Windows (sometimes), that number is a
huge success :D

You see, people where I live aren't stupid but they are so busy and maybe
spoiled to the point they don't mind at all to spend around 1500-2000 USD
for a new machine rather than go a super quick google for maybe another
alternative. Very very few who know about Linux and much less who are using
it.

This will be changed. My main activities now are no longer Ubuntu
Communities, I have moved the battle place to real life. It is time for me
to end the era of Microsoft wherever I live and it is just a matter of
time, watch me :D

> I myself did and do not have much luck (around 6 or 7 computers
> converted), but in the city where I live many people buy new computers
> often so they're already using Windows 8/7 or Apple which makes it harder
> to convert them, if you can't succeed with the argument of software
> freedom... but try to explain to an Apple guy that his mac is evil ;-)

In my case, I don't even use that argument. The needs of the people in my
area are super simple so far. 27 installations total installation as of
this very moment (2 more last night) and none of them have special need.
Slowness was the main reason that I used to convert them. I used to fix two
Windows Machine, both came back to me. One is fixed. The other is still
sitting here for a failure HDD.

I am known in my area as the only IT Expert and some other call me The
Wizard and some other a Computer Doctor. I am glad that people are starting
to like Linux. So far, the feedback is very very promising.

However, that is not enough. I haven't yet approach any company ;)
I am waiting for the right time. Everything has the right time so I am not
in a hurry except for individuals.

As I stated, StartUbuntu will never stop after 8th of April this year, this
will be the beginning :D

Thank you!