swift team mailing list archive

Re: Relation of Swift and Filesystem

Adrian,

That’s what I try to look for.

The post is helpful enough to understand Swift.

By my short review, Swift seems like some fully distributed key-value
storages such as Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB based on DHT.

The key would be a filename, or a filename concatenating directory name for
hierarchy.

The value would be a file content as blob type.

The target of replication must be a file content itself.

So if the size of file is getting bigger, the frequent changes in the file
will make too many big file copies due to immutable feature although it
uses eventual consistency.

Thank you Adrian.

Alex Woohyun Kim

The creator of open source "Coord" for cloud computing

(http://www.coordguru.com)