swift team mailing list archive

Deploying and maintaining rings

I'm curious about the workflows people use to do things like add/removed
devices or deal with failures and how they keep rings updated.

Also, what is the process to push out new rings? Do the processes need to be
restarted, or they just see the new copy of the ring?

Is there a tool to do this? or do you just copy the files? (The ring files
already know all the servers they need to live on, so it seems like there
should be a good way to automate this if it isn't already.)

I'll update the swift docs with a reasonable process once I understand what
that looks like.

Follow ups