Re: Race Conditions

Hallo Stefan,

I realize that Syncany has a problem regarding the number of threads
and their synchronization. I already tried to minimize the number of
threads: the initial design contained one Indexer and one LocalWatcher
per profile, now it's only one for the whole application.

In regard to race conditions and thread synchronization I know that
there might be some problems in the code: around 20 threads (from
which half of them run at the same time) don't help with that. I
suppose we could eliminate a few of them in the future to avoid these
bugs in the first place.

Do you have extensive experience with these kind of issues? I must
admit that I am rather inexperienced when it comes to tackling race
conditions and other threading issues.

Cheers,
Philipp