Re: License Compatibility Question

I researched a lot regarding the licensing stuff before I chose GPLv3.
I chose it not because I believe it's the best license, but because
most other open source projects are GPL licensed.

Here is how I understood it:

To my knowledge, if the a plugin/module/library is not shipped with
the original code, but in a separate package, it can (in most cases)
be used with Syncany. I believe this is similar to Linux packages with
different licenses -- as long as one package is only used by the
other, there is no(?) issues. If, however, it is integrated as an
essential part, there might be an issue (depending on the library).

So if we don't include it in the trunk, this shouldn't be a problem.
But of course it's always nicer to be on the safe side ...

Cheers