Re: Gradle (what's missing?)

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Philipp Heckel <philipp.heckel@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> I just looked at the Gradle stuff and it looks quite good. In your
> opinion, what's missing to be able to create a 'release' distribution?

1/ Dedicated task(s) to create installation package. I'm currently
integrating izPack plugin to gradle to be able to package the application
to a .jar executable file.
2/ Launch tests via "gradle test"
3/ Management of version number ==> done (commit tonight)

> The distTar/distZip tasks create a zip/tar, but they do not have any
> version numbers. Have you tried the "distribution" plugin? Do you know what
> the difference is? Maybe it's better suited for what we're trying to do?

Distribution plugin is under dev .... may be used when it's finished.
Main differences are version number management / custom versions management
(ie. dev version, test version, prod version, **ix version, windows version
.....).