syncany-team team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Replacing Samba shares with syncing mechanism
Hello, sorry, I've tried to figure this out from the docs, but I'm still
not sure. If I'm asking in the wrong place, I'm also sorry for that.
What I want to do is replace Samba shares on a local network with
storage on a remote server that is synchronized back and forth between
caches on client machines. Will Syncany do this?
1. Remote server, preferably a commercial cloud service like Google Apps
2. Clients see drives as network drives.
3. Directories are always retrieved from and updated to remote server.
4. Files are downloaded and uploaded (synced) from a local cache as needed.
5. Process is transparent to clients. Client users just see the network
drive and don't have to make decisions about downloading and uploading.