Re: Syncany now available as an official Debian package

Hello Markus,

thank you sooo much for taking the time to do that. It is very much
appreciated. I already tried and tested Syncany from the experimental repo
and it seems to work like a charm:
https://github.com/syncany/syncany/issues/261#issuecomment-157799167

I agree 100% with your judgement with regards to the stability. While we
have made tremendous progress, I think we are not mature enough for an LTS
:D

Yes it is correct to install global plugins in the same directory where the
other JARs reside.

And yes, Syncany can detect the difference between "User" and "Global"
plugins:
- Plugins installed with "sy plugin install <id>" are "User" plugins (e.g.
installed in
/home/pheckel/.config/syncany/plugins/lib/syncany-plugin-ftp-0.4.0-alpha.jar).

- Plugins installed via "apt-get install syncany-plugin-<id>" are "Global"
plugins (e.g. installed in
/usr/share/syncany/lib/syncany-plugin-ftp-0.4.0-alpha.jar).

 $ sy plugin list
Id      | Name               | Local Version                              |
Type   | Remote Version | Updatable | Provided By
--------+--------------------+--------------------------------------------+--------+----------------+-----------+-------------
azure   | Azure Blob Storage |
|        | 0.4.6-alpha    |           | Third Party
dropbox | Dropbox            |
|        | 0.4.5-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
flickr  | Flickr             | 0.4.1-alpha                                |
User   | 0.4.1-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
ftp     | FTP                | 0.4.0-alpha                                |
Global | 0.4.0-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
gui     | GUI                |
|        | 0.4.7-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
local   | Local              | 0.4.7-alpha                                |
Global |                |           | Syncany Team
raid0   | RAID0              |
|        | 0.4.0-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
s3      | Amazon S3          |
|        | 0.4.6-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
samba   | Samba              | 0.4.1-alpha                                |
User   | 0.4.1-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
sftp    | SFTP               | 0.4.5-alpha+SNAPSHOT.1503141808.gitb0911cd |
User   | 0.4.5-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
swift   | OpenStack Swift    |
|        | 0.4.0-alpha    |           | Syncany Team
webdav  | WebDAV             | 0.4.0-alpha                                |
User   | 0.4.0-alpha    |           | Syncany Team

Our build process already creates .deb files and adds everything to a repo.
Obviously it doesn't fit the Debian standards (yet), but it'll be a good
starting point maybe.

Check out:
- http://get.syncany.org/apt/release/pool/main/s/
- https://travis-ci.org/syncany/syncany-plugin-ftp
- http://syncany.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins.html

Please let me know if we can make the original repo more Debian-standard
compatible so your work will be easier.

Thanks again!

Best,
Philipp