testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Yellow] testrepository and test filter creation

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> IOW, it should simply be the last time stamp minus the first time stamp?
>  I'm not sure why you put a question mark next to it--you questioned whether
> we would need a clone in order to accomplish it?

Yeah, and whether it should be a UI responsibility or if the
Repository should be responsible for storing and calculating it. It
gets hairy when combining arbitrary streams, but thats up to the user
to not be insane (e.g. if they combine two current streams last-first
is good, if they combine a stream from 1994 with one from today,
last-first is perhaps not what they expect) :).

-Rob