testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Excluding serial cases in parallel mode

Hi,
I have a scenario where a large number of our tests can be run in parallel.
There are a few cases which are supposed to be run in serial. I can very well run them in sequence separately, by setting the test attribute as 'serial' .

I don't want these serial cases to be included when someone issues a --parallel option. How do I achieve this?

Reorganizing the tests to group serially-runnable cases is not a preferred choice as of now.

It would be helpful if I can identify within the testcase to know if it is being run in parallel mode.

Thanks,
Vedu

Follow ups