tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Web sync branch hurdles

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Sandy Armstrong
<sanfordarmstrong@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> >> I pulled Benoit's web sync branch and decided to play around and see if
> >> I could get it to work with Ubuntu One.  The first thing I did was to
> >> change the default sync backend pref from "sdcard" to "snowy", because
> >> without a tomdroid directory on the SD card I was getting exceptions
> >> on startup.
> >
> > I'll have to catch the exception anyway. My reasoning here was that
> > the sd card sync should be the default because it doesn't have to be
> > configured but if someone has an argument against it I'll gladly
> > change this.
>
> No, you're right.  Maybe if no "tomdroid" directory is found, there
> should be some text like "no notes found, would you like to configure
> web sync?".

I remember fixing this in my storage-redesign spin of Benoit's
storage-redesign branch but maybe it's sitting uncommitted on my laptop.. Or
it could even be already in main. Anyway, the point is, don't focus on stuff
like that because I'm taking care of these.

I'm reworking Benoit's storage-redesign branch then I'll merge with main and
start to look at the web-sync one. I am looking at working on this saturday
all day.

Sorry for the slight side-topicness ;)
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>