tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Web sync branch hurdles

Op maandag 16-11-2009 om 08:40 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Stuart
Langridge:
> Benoit Garret wrote:
> > This one installs and runs fine on my 1.5 G1, I pulled it straight
> > from my SD Card after installing it from Eclipse:
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/980984/tomdroid.web-sync.apk
> > Like Sandy said, please don't share it publicly, not guaranteed to
> > work, the usual stuff.
>
> Darn. I get the same error again :(
> What information do I need to provide about what my HTC Hero is running
> to work out why the app doesn't install? I don't know a lot about this
> stuff...
Haven't seen that error before but it refers to the menu layout not
being able to be installed (although I didn't know it had to be copied
outside of the apk and actually I think it isn't being copied so I am
quite confused). Do you get it after running the "adb install
tomdroid.apk" command? If so, you could run logcat (or ddms) and report
the more elaborate error message.

My guesses would be:
- You don't have all the developer flags enabled in your Hero and
Android is protecting you from third-party apps
- You already had an old version of Tomdroid installed and something is
going terribly wrong
- You are out of disk space wherever it wants to copy that main.xml
because of some custom ROM perhaps?

I sent you another apk to try separately.

Regards,