tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Hi there from germany & sync feature development

Hi Rodja,

> Great. We share the same goal.

Great. :)

> I'm a professional Android Developer from Berlin, Germany ...

Yeah, I know, I was listening to your great android podcast with Tim
and Dirk before I bought my n1.
Really recommendable as a first introduction to the platform. What a
coincidence :)!

> ... and lately
> choose to do some fun coding for the Tomdroid project. I've started to
> tackle the Sync-UI bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/tomdroid/+bug/549643
> to warm up.

I'm very happy to hear that.

> Happily me and my girlfriend just had become a family five days ago.

Congratulations!

> I would love to see my UI improvements at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~trappe/tomdroid/sync-ui (which is a fork of
> Benoit's web-sync brach) some day merged back. You could help by
> installing my version to your phone and do some bug hunting. Please give
> me feedback about how you like it. I just fuddled with the UI and error
> handling, so all web-sync stuff is working as before.
> If bug #549643 is done, I'd like to start with "Two-way
> synchronization" (https://bugs.launchpad.net/tomdroid/+bug/549647).

That sounds like a good plan.
I'll be happy to test your version this week and give you some
feedback after that.

Best regards

Kev