tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Looking for a driver for the next few releases / months

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Rodja Trappe <mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> unfortunately I'm also very busy and not sure if I can continuously
> contribute to Tomdroid.
>
> As a driver, I would want to drastically change some things:
>
>      * switching from Launchpad to GitHub

Is this really necessary?  Switching code/bug/wiki hosting is a giant
pain for maintainers, developers, and users.  What if the next person
says "hey I prefer hg and bitbucket, let's move there"?

I too am a git freak and live in github, so I wouldn't mind if this
change occurred.  But changes like this should be a community decision
based on more than one person's personal bias.

>      * publishing Tomdroid on the Android Market (each release, and a
>        separate dev-preview build for testing)
>      * much more frequent releases (with very small change logs)
>      * automatic code formatting

These are all great ideas, if you ask me!  Olivier, was there anything
in particular keeping you from putting Tomdroid on the market?

Sandy