tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Snowy Markdown support WAS: Looking for a driver for the next few releases / months

> By the way, we may be implementing server-side markdown support in
> Snowy.  We're not sure yet if client-side or server-side or both makes
> the most sense.  But we'll keep you guys informed after the Snowy
> Hackfest next month.

Oh I didn't know what Markdown was and completely overlooked your comment
thinking it was note-pinning (don't ask me where I got that..).

Anyway, with the snowy-list conversation I looked it up (markdown) and it's
exactly the kind of thing I was planning to do with Tomdroid first since
rich editing is a completely different beast..

However, looking at it quickly, markdown is incompatible with some of
Tomboy's formatting characteristics. For example: text size would probably
be implemented as headings but markdown's headings are line based (imply a
newline terminator to mark end of formatting) while Tomboy's aren't.

Anyway, just some things to think about and wanted to let you know that I'm
very interested in what you guys will come up with after the hackfest.

Cheers!
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Follow ups